Early-bird booking is open for the Community Media Conference 2017, the largest conference in the UK for the community media sector. Book now: https://cma2017.eventbrite.co.uk
This year the theme will be ‘Voices in a Changing World’ and we will be asking what role does community media play in a changing world and how does community media respond to global events that affect us at a local level?
There will also be workshops on funding, business models for community media projects and how community media can foster community development.
The Community Media Conference brings together community broadcasters and publishers, media enthusiasts, academics and creatives for a day of learning, exchange and celebration with inspiring speakers, practical workshops and networking opportunities.
And don’t forget that tickets are priced two-for-one for CMA members – one ticket admits you and one station volunteer! Booking is also available for the Community Radio Awards in the evening: £15 per person for Conference attendees and £20 per person if attending the Community Radio Awards only.
The agenda, still subject to changes, is as follows:
09:30 – 10:30 Registration and networking
10:30 Welcome & Introductions
10:45 Panel Session 1: Voices for Change
- What is the role of community media in a changing world?
- How do we give a voice to diverse communities?
- How do we respond to world events and how they affect our local communities?
- What is the role of community media in the media landscape?
11:30 Morning break
11:45 Panel Session 2: Community Ownership for Fairer Media
- Business and funding models that challenge traditional media ownership
12:30 Community Media & Community Development – presentation
12:55 The Community Media Charter – showcase event
13:45 Workshop session 1
- Media Against Hate
- Funding workshop
- Others TBC
14:45 Workshop session 2 – session 1 workshops repeated.
15:45 Panel Session 3: Creative responses
- Talks followed by presentations of work
- How do artists working in community media respond to global events?
- What can we say without words when words fail us?
- What unique possibilities does community media afford creatives?
16:30 Conclusions, wrap up from CMA Council and staff
16:45 Finish, networking
Early bird tickets are available until the end of August – book now!
Book now: https://cma2017.eventbrite.co.uk