Inspiring Through Success
We look forward to seeing you at The Community Media Conference 2015 presented by the Community Media Association and hosted by Radio LaB, University of Bedfordshire, Luton on Saturday 12th September 2015.
This year’s theme is “Inspiring Through Success” and we will showcase and share examples of best practice from all community media practitioners whether radio, local television, or online.
Ticket sales have been brisk for the Community Media Conference and if you have yet to purchase your ticket then here are five reasons why you should join us at this year’s Conference:
1. Leading Industry Speakers: Chris Burns, Chair of the Radio Academy tells us about their new vision including collaboration with the CMA; Caroline Mitchell, representing Sound Women on why you need more women in your organisation; Emma Meese from Cardiff University’s Centre for Community Journalism on changes to the libel laws and how to navigate them; our very own Dom Chambers, Chair of the CMA, talking on a number of topics; and much more.
2. Routes to Revenue: success stories based on training, projects and commercial approaches to income generation which will leave you brimming with ideas and inspiration.
3. Breakout Sessions: hear the latest on small-scale DAB from community radio legend, Lawrie Hallett; generating income using the Reach Radio app for community radio from Exaget; building a community media arts network; how to prepare for broadcasting disasters and emergencies; and more!
4. Trade Fair: including technology, equipment, projects and creative production.
5. Networking opportunities: connect with old friends and make new ones too with our superb networking opportunities.
And a sixth reason to attend is that with first-class Conference facilities offered by the University of Bedfordshire, a high concentration of community radio stations in the area and excellent transport links from further afield we are expecting sell-out attendance from the sector this year. In order to encourage a good turnout CMA members get to bring along a second person free of charge!
Follow the link to secure your tickets:
CMA member organisations can also bring one volunteer free-of-charge per member ticket – please make sure you register your volunteer’s name when ordering tickets by using the code ‘volunteer’.
Chris Burns said:
“I have much respect for the long history and work of the CMA and am really looking forward to meeting your members”.
Please note that you will need to pre-register for this event as we are not able to take registrations on the day.
Note that ticket sales are non-refundable. To join the Community Media Association please email email@example.com – for details of our member benefits please visit this page.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates.
Our Conference sponsors: