An event for community radio managers and other interested parties to go through the DCMS Consultation on the future of community radio.
Do come to this event in Sheffield on 8th April from 11am to 3pm to share your views and inform the CMA’s submission on your behalf. A finger buffet lunch will be provided on the day and there will be valuable time for networking with other community media practitioners.
Book here via Eventbrite.
An approximate agenda for the day is as follows:
- Background / Context:
- the Communications Act 2003
- the Community Radio Order 2004
- the Community Radio Amendment Order 2010
- The Licence Fee – pros/cons of top-slicing the Licence Fee to fund community media
- European context – other models of funding community media
- Current issues & potential solutions: funding, advertising restrictions
- Responses to the current DCMS consultation – discussion
- Lunch break and networking
- The future – frequency availability, digital migration, low cost DAB
- National advertising scheme for community radio
- The CMA Conference & AGM – 14th June 2014
We urge everyone to respond to this consultation whether as a licensed station or other interested party, and where possible to copy your reply to us at the CMA to inform our response to it on your behalf.
We have also created an online form on our website for you to send your feedback – here.
The deadline for the DCMS consultation is 23rd April 2014.
We look forward to working with you all to ensure a better future for community radio.