- The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) allocated £460,000 towards the Community Radio Fund for 2009/10 (a further £40,000 was allocated by them to other community radio projects).
- In the first round of funding in June 2009, the Panel made grants totalling £233,460. This left £226,540 for this second round.
- 39 applications were considered
- Funding applications totalled £830,330.83
- 14 applicants were awarded grants which totalled £226,532
- 25 applicants were not awarded a grant
The average grant in this round was £16,180. A table setting out the awards may be found here.
The Panel advises that one grant, for £39,667, was for a substantially higher amount than the average. The Panel wishes to record that this was for a joint application which will fund a Regional Account Manager post benefiting 12 individual community radio stations in the Greater Manchester area. Between them the coverage of these stations includes around two million people.