Ten applications have been received by Ofcom for the third round of community radio licensing in Northern Ireland. Three applicants are proposing services to cover part or all of the city of Belfast, while seven others are planning community radio services in other parts of the province.
The applicant groups are as follows:
- Belfast FM (Belfast)
- Bounce FM (Banbridge, County Down)
- Bridge FM (Portadown, County Armagh)
- Chaine FM (Larne, County Antrim)
- Destination Newry (Newry, County Down)
- fUSe FM (Ballymoney, County Antrim)
- Lagan FM (Belfast)
- Raidió G (Greater Maghera area, County Derry)
- Strule FM (Omagh, County Tyrone)
- The Super Station Belfast (Belfast)
The full applications will be published on the Ofcom website in due course – but the full list, with address details, can be found on Ofcom’s website here.