Ofcom’s Community Radio Fund Panel met on Tuesday 23 June 2015 to consider applications in the first round of grant awards for 2015/16.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) confirmed the total of £377,000 for the Community Radio Fund for 2015. The amount awarded in this first round of grants was £160,782, which leaves £216,218 for the second round of funding later this year.
In summary, at the meeting:
- 42 applications for grants were considered
- The total amount of funding requested in these applications was £822,034
- 12 applicants were awarded grants which totalled £160,782
- 30 applicants were not awarded a grant
The average grant in this round was £13,398; the size of award ranged from £4,500 to £21,150. A table setting out the awards is below:
- Beverley FM; Beverley; East Yorkshire; Specialist Funding Application Trainer – £4,500
- BRFM; Isle of Sheppey; Business & Development Officer – £5,500
- CamGlen Radio; Cambuslang & Rutherglen; Project Worker and Business Development Manager – £19,753
- Deveron FM; Banff; Sales Person / Fund-raiser – £14,540
- Gaydio; Manchester; Digital Manager for an online advertising project involving a number of stations around the UK – £21,150
- Insanity Radio; Egham, Surrey; Media and Development Officer – £15,702
- IÚR-fm; Newry; Sustainability Officer – £16,000
- Moorlands Radio; Biddulph; Station Fund-raising Co-ordinator – £8,153
- Pure Radio 107.8; Stockport; Training and Development Co-ordinator – £16,560
- Radio Teesdale; Teesside; Business Development Manager (salary contribution) – £15,000
Applications for the second round of funding in 2015/16 will be invited on Wednesday 14 October with a closing date of 5pm on Wednesday 11 November 2015. The Panel will meet to make decisions on these applications in January 2016.