Dear Friends, Colleagues & Supporters
Ticket sales have been brisk for the Community Media Conference on 12th September and if you have yet to purchase your ticket then here are five reasons why you should join us at this year’s event:
1. Industry leading speakers: Chris Burns, Chair of the Radio Academy tells us about their new vision including collaboration with the CMA; Caroline Mitchell, representing Sound Women on why you need more women in your organisation; Emma Meese from the Cardiff University’s Centre of Community Journalism on changes to the libel laws and how to navigate them; our very own Dom Chambers, Chair of the CMA, talking on a number of topics; and much more.
2. Routes to Revenue: success stories based on training, projects and commercial approaches to income generation which will leave you brimming with ideas and inspiration.
3. Breakout Sessions: hear the latest on small-scale DAB from community radio legend, Lawrie Hallett; generating income using the Reach Radio app for community radio from Exaget; building a community media arts network; how to prepare for broadcasting disasters and emergencies; and more!
4. Trade Fair: including technology, equipment, projects and creative production.
5. Networking opportunities: connect with old friends and make new ones too with our superb networking opportunities.
And a sixth reason to attend is that with first-class Conference facilities offered by the University of Bedfordshire, a high concentration of community radio stations in the area and excellent transport links from further afield we are expecting sell-out attendance from the sector this year. In order to encourage a good turnout CMA members get to bring along a second person free of charge!
Follow the link to secure your tickets: