2015 has been a fantastic year for Hermitage FM in Coalville, Leicestershire. A few of the highlights from this year include:
- Hermitage FM was invited to cover the re-internment of King Richard III at Leicester Cathedral.
- Hermitage FM held a Street Party to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of VE Day with food, live entertainment and 40s style costumes.
- Hermitage FM covered the North West Leicestershire count for the General Election.
- Hermitage FM supported the launch of an appeal to help with rebuilding after the devastating earthquakes in Nepal.
- Anita Jane, Hermitage FM’s youngest presenter, broadcast non-stop for 12 hours and raised £1,400 to be shared between a local charity, Freddie’s Footsteps, and Hermitage FM.
- Hermitage FM organised Freewheelin’ 2015 where a group of staff and supporters cycled a 38 mile loop through the National Forest raising over £850 for the station.
- Hermitage FM acted as a collection point for LE Solidarity, for items to be sent to refugee camps in Calais.
- Hermitage FM’s Wear It Pink day in the Coffee Lounge, with pink cakes and drinks, a Bring & Buy Sale and games raised £165 for Breast Cancer Now.
- Staff and customers knitted poppies which were sold in the Coffee Lounge and raised £155 for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal. Hermitage FM also collected £81.60 for the sale of poppies and pins.
- Hermitage FM collected 55 handbags full of basic toiletries, sanitary items, snacks, socks, gloves, etc, which were donated by listeners, customers and radio station staff and volunteers. These were given to Women’s Aid Leicestershire to be distributed at Christmas to ladies living in local shelters who have escaped domestic abuse. Hermitage FM was overwhelmed by the response and generosity of our local community.
- Hermitage FM raised £73.50 for Framework, an East Midlands based charity supporting vulnerable and homeless people, through the sale of Christmas cards.
- In Memorial Square outside the Hermitage FM Radio Station & Coffee Lounge there was a Community Carol Service with free mince pies and punch for all.
Hermitage FM’s fund-raising trips throughout the year have taken us to Cambridge, Whitby, Southport, Harrogate and York and were very well supported.
All this as well as running the Hermitage FM radio station 24 hours a day, attending fund-raising events, live broadcasting from many venues and running a busy Community Coffee Lounge with the help of a host of willing volunteers!
Download PDF here.