Feeling Sound is just one of five selected projects who may receive up to £50,000 of funding from the Big Lottery.
It’s up to everyone to decide where funding will go. Any UK resident can vote, either online or by post.
ITV have produced a video about our work – have a look on the people’s projects website where you can also vote:
Just click on ‘Select this Project’ to vote online. You will need to be a UK resident and have an email address.
You can also vote by post:
Please write clearly ‘Vote Feeling Sound’ and include your name, address and a contact telephone number (including area code if applicable) then send to Freepost THE PEOPLE’S PROJECTS.
The deadline for votes is midday on Sunday 13th March.
In ‘Feeling Sound’ young people under 25 are supported to make media about health and wellbeing. From recipes to running, sleep to sexual health, children and young people will be interviewing health professionals, creating their own poems and songs, and playing with audio in all kinds of fun ways to make media to share with their peers, on FM and online. See below for examples from the project so far.How will we be spending the funding?
- A fantastic Feeling Sound workshop van will be kitted out for learning and appearing at events
- Our radio workshops will be provided in schools all over South Devon
- Over 1000 young people will get their voices and opinions out on air and online
- Over 10,000 young people will know more about living well from listening to their peers
- The young radio stars of the future will be invited to a regular club to make live programmes and improve their radio skills
- We’ll hold a big celebration event and share what we have learned.